The School of Political Science, “Cesare Alfieri,” is the oldest in Italy. It was founded in 1875 under the name “School of Social Sciences” at the instigation of Carlo Alfieri di Sostegno, a notable Piedmontese and senator of the Kingdom of Italy. It later became the “Cesare Alfieri” Institute of Social Sciences in 1888, after Carlo’s father, also a senator and president of the council in the Kingdom of Sardinia and among the leading architects of the Albertine Statute.
In 1938, it was transformed into the Faculty of Political Sciences “Cesare Alfieri”; a name maintained until 2013, when - as a result of the University System Reform Law 240 of 2010 - the original name of the “Cesare Alfieri” School of Political Sciences returned.
Since its establishment, our School has contributed to forming Italy’s ruling classes.
Its multidisciplinary preparation and the quality of university teaching place it among the most prestigious in Italy and enable it to train graduates with great professional versatility and the ability to fit into different work contexts and better understand the continuous innovations that have long characterized all work sectors.
The School is also characterized by its strong focus on internationalization processes, thanks to more than 40 collaboration agreements with universities around the world: from the United States to China, Australia, and Japan, as well as, of course, all European countries. In addition, there are more than 200 agreements with European universities participating in the Erasmus student mobility program, which allows students to carry out periods of study abroad, gaining recognition for exams taken.